Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment.
Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment. > AmericanDiamond.com

pearleducation
Oval Sapphire Natural Color Set in Platinum Diamond Setting
11-25-2012, 10:31 AM

This is a beautiful Sapphire, Oval, Natural color with Pave set diamonds that we just finished designing.

[IMG]Embedded image permalink[/IMG]

Pearlanista
11-26-2012, 09:14 AM

Wow. This ring is absolutely stunning. It reminds me of Princess Diana's infamous engagement ring. Is the sapphire a natural stone? If so, aren't those really rare? Can you tell me more information about the ring, such as the carat of the sapphire and the diamonds? Also, could you recreate the ring with a simulated sapphire, and maybe use white sapphires in the piece instead of diamonds? Wouldn't that almost exactly reproduce the look of the ring, and significantly decrease the price, making it a lot more affordable for the average person?

pearleducation
Blue Oval Sapphire Platinum and Diamond Ring
11-30-2012, 08:14 PM

OK. We went back to the drawing board and completely redesigned this ring. It may be subtle, but we pave set the prongs underneath the diamond surround to give the profile more brilliance.

We also sharpened the out edge of the ring that is set with diamonds to give it a cleaner look. We weren't going to stop fine tuning the design until we knew we could deliver something that our client would absolutely love. After all, this is an engagement ring and its going to be a symbol for a lifetime. The sapphire is a natural color approximate 3.5 carats.

Not to show off, but its also available in some really neat combinations. Please see below:

Last edited by pearleducation; 11-30-2012 at 08:25 PM.

pearlwizard
Oval sapphire ring
01-07-2013, 04:30 PM

Beautiful piece and magnificently crafted! The type of ring you expect to see at Tiffany's or Cartier. What's equally remarkable is that this piece was Made in NY.

pearleducation
Sapphire Diamond Ring
01-07-2013, 05:10 PM

Thanks for noticing. We put a lot of heart and soul into this piece. I think it's a true masterpiece myself. I really think that this pavé diamond work in the lower gallery is what made made this ring a masterpiece. When it was done, we passed the ring around to everyone in the office and everyone just stood around looking at the ring in awe. After we created the original ring, we tried to find another natural color oval sapphire of the same color and quality to make a second ring for stock and there was nothing available in terms of color and quality that came close. I know the recipient of this diamond and sapphire ring who commissioned American Diamond to make the ring was very happy. I would love to see a picture of the ring on her finger after the engagement!

Last edited by pearleducation; 01-07-2013 at 05:18 PM.

pearleducation
Congratulations! Photo of Custom Sapphire Diamond Ring
01-29-2013, 02:46 PM

With the permission of our customer, we are posting the newly created sapphire ring for the world to see. BTW. Congratulations! All of us at AmericanDiamond.com and AmericanPearl.com would like to congratulate you!