Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment.
Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment. > AmericanDiamond.com

pearlwizard
Custom Pearl and Diamond Pendant
02-15-2013, 04:54 PM

This was a super fun project. We were contacted by a customer to create a custom pendant based on something that she saw in a magazine. She scanned the magazine picture to us and we made the pendant below. It was comprised of four round brilliant diamonds, .30, .30, .50 and .70 or 1.80 carats t.d.w.

For anyone who is interested in custom diamond jewelry, please fill out the form at this link for a free quote and sample drawing of the proposed piece:

Custom Jewelry

pearleducation
Diamond Pendant
02-16-2013, 08:41 PM

Thanks for pulling that off the production line to share with the world! It is absolutely gorgeous. I was just looking through the correspondence with the customer and found the magazine clipping of the jewelry piece they wanted to have adapted shown below:

And this is a drawing of the piece we made before we actually started on the jewelry work:

It's fascinating because you can see the piece come to fruition from a jewelry magazine clipping to a drawing to the actual piece fashioned from gold and diamonds.

American Pearl is undoubtably the finest seller of pearls on earth with the largest online pearl selection in the world.. Our customers include Tiffany & Co., Harry Winston and David Yurman to name a few. But we are also the finest jewelers in the world and are capable of making any custom jewelry piece that can be imagined through our sister company AmericanDiamond.com.

We love making custom jewelry and we love delivering quality workmanship, value and expert design to them.

If you notice, the chain threads through a channel in the back of the circle pendant and moves freely on the tracks of the chain as she wears the pendant. In addition, we improved the design by bezel setting the diamond so it sits on the skin and faces up versus the magazine image where a basket set diamond points downward and its table faces the ground.

Last edited by pearleducation; 02-16-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Pearlanista
Custom Diamond Pendant
02-18-2013, 10:30 AM

This is absolutely beautiful. I can definitely see what a big difference the bezel setting makes to the piece. It does look much better facing up instead of down. I can also envision this style becoming popular as a mother's pendant with stones that represent all of her children and possibly grandchildren. I do have one question, though. Can you reproduce any design, or are certain designs copyrighted and therefore unable to be reproduced?