Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment.
Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment. > AmericanDiamond.com

pearlwizard
Tiffany Style Legacy Ring
01-10-2013, 11:57 AM

Hey Pearl Education,

A client called looking for an art-deco type setting for the Cushion- cut diamond that we selected for his ring. After looking at number of possibilities the Legacy was the clear favorite. He would like us to recreate this masterpiece but without the ridiculous price tag that over-priced retailers place on these rings. Can you tell me what information you need from me for us to make this ring. Visited Tiffany's site and it doesn't provide any diamond information about the stones in the pave setting. Any ideas?

pearleducation
Tiffany Diamond Legacy Ring
01-10-2013, 01:28 PM

That is a gorgeous timeless ring. It really is one of my favorites!

We have made that several times with various size diamonds and various shapes/cuts.

You can see a version of our ring here Diamond Ring

Just to make sure, is this the ring your customer was thinking of? We actually recently made this with beautiful pink colored diamonds instead of white diamonds which really set off the center stone. I remember that with the pink colored diamonds they had to be just the right saturation for the diamonds not to look too invisible and the exact hue as to not look the wrong color. We had several parcels of diamond melee (melee is a term used by diamond dealers in the trade to describe diamonds that are small and can be as small as .0025 carats. Diamond melee in the round brilliant shape actually have 58 facets and is used for pavé surfaces as accents as shown here)

Last edited by pearleducation; 04-10-2013 at 01:04 PM.

pearleducation
Tiffany Legacy Ring Inspired
01-16-2013, 10:54 PM

After a full day of discussions and a meticulous creation process, we came up with American Diamond's version of the Tiffany Legacy Ring shown below, custom made for the specific diamond selected by our customer to meet their demanding requirements. Please keep in mind that the inner bezel of our version of this ring may be slightly different than the stock Tiffany ring as our engagement ring is designed to the shape of the center diamond the customer selected.

Last edited by pearleducation; 01-16-2013 at 10:59 PM.

pearlwizard
01-17-2013, 11:26 AM

One of the advantages of creating rings on a custom made basis, is that it allows to perfectly align the metal of the ring with the diamond that it showcases. This 1.70 E Color Cushion cut diamond has found the perfect fit in this Tiffany inspired Legacy ring. The diamond pavé work is par excellence and there was no shortage of attention to detail when one examines the precision and placement of the filigree.

Last edited by pearlwizard; 01-17-2013 at 12:21 PM.

pearlwizard
01-17-2013, 05:55 PM

After a more careful examination, it appears that the inner bezel around the Cushion-cut is rounder than the bezel of the outer structure. It does also seem have excess metal around the corners. It would be nice to see this ring adjusted to correct these concerns.

pearleducation
Tiffany Legacy Ring
01-18-2013, 10:17 AM

I have to complement our jewelers. AmericanDiamond's jewelers are truly world-renowned, many of them having worked for some of the finest jewelers in the world. It is to their credit that this second version of the Legacy Ring looks so much finer. Here is the move you were looking for PearlWizard. I think you are 100% right that the shape of the inner bezel should complement the contours of the shape of the outer ring. Its also important to know that we tightened the area between the inner bezel and the outer ring so there is less metal and more design without crowding the design. Please see below: