Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment.
Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment. > Pearls | What's Hot

pearleducation
St. Barts Pearls
02-14-2012, 10:38 AM

I am posting this new thread on to Pearl | Education on behalf of American Pearl's dearest friend Terri who was so kind to share her pictures from her recent trip to St. Barts in the Caribbean. Of course, being a good friend of American Pearl, she was gracious enough to send us her pearl pictures so we could post them here. There is a wave of pearl and leather fashion styles that are overtaking the island of St. Barts and the selection of Tahitian pearls and other styles mixed with leather is simply remarkable. This is such a wonderful new style that we welcome to the pearl fashion industry. Terri is literally too busy traveling that she asked us to post on her behalf. Please have a look here for yourself. I definitely think this qualifies for the what's hot section. If you browse the American Pearl website as well, you'll see similar styles in our pearl and leather section. Enjoy!

Last edited by pearleducation; 02-14-2012 at 03:29 PM.

oyster
Administrator
02-14-2012, 03:32 PM

Seeing this thread reminds of when we put together a custom Lariat utilizing Golden South Sea pearls for world renowned poker tournament winner, Beth Shak.

During the event in which she was pictured wearing the Lariat, Kelly Rowland of "Destiny's Child" asked Beth "where did you get those pearls, girlfriend you got style, I want that piece now, can I have it, how long are you going to be wearing it tonight?"

-Jeff, American Pearl Employee

Last edited by pearleducation; 02-14-2012 at 03:46 PM.

pearleducation
Golden Pearls
02-14-2012, 03:43 PM

I remember when you made that for her. Beth came in to visit American Pearl at our Fifth Avenue location in New York City and you literally made the necklace she is wearing in the picture from scratch! You did a great job! Who was the musician that saw it on her and admired it so much that she mentioned that she wanted to "rip it right off her?"

BTW...Here are some interesting facts about Beth.

* She's an American Poker player
* She made it to The World Series of Poker
* Besides pearls from American Pearl, she owns over 1,200 pairs of shoes!
* Shak ran a private vintage designer clothing business for 10 years.
* Shak has been featured on several television programs, including MTV Cribs,Celebrity Nightmares, Millionaire Matchmaker and NY Ink.
* she placed 8th in the 2005 World Series of Poker Ladies' event, which was only her second live tournament.
* As of 2009, her total live tournament winnings exceed $450,000

Last edited by pearleducation; 02-14-2012 at 03:46 PM.

nicole
Administrator
One of my favorites
02-16-2012, 09:50 AM

I love the St. Barths Lariat. It's such a fun, bohemian piece. Definitely something I would like to add to my collection to wear during the summer.

Pearlanista
07-27-2012, 11:56 AM

I absolutely love the new St. Barts pearl and leather necklaces. The Lariats are my favorites. What I love about them the most is that you can wear them to work in a formal style, then wear them out on the town or to the beach in a more fun, playful style that spices up your outfit.