Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment.
Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment. > Pearls | What's Hot

pearleducation
Inspired by Mikimoto Pearl and Diamond Rondell Necklace in 18K White Gold
01-12-2013, 03:31 PM

Does anyone on staff know the progress of this Mikimoto inspired necklace? I know that PearlWizard was working with a customer who came to AmericanPearl.com's showroom at 576 Fifth Avenue to have a similar piece made. From what I remember, there were two kinds of diamond rondell choices and a question about the spacing of the diamonds. But the customer did reference this pearl and diamond necklace as a starting point.

Last edited by pearleducation; 01-14-2013 at 04:44 PM.

pearlwizard
01-14-2013, 02:56 PM

We just finished making this necklace and it's absolutely gorgeous. The pearls own their own are exquisite and the diamond rondells make for the perfect accent to this stunning piece. Take a look below:

Last edited by pearleducation; 01-14-2013 at 04:40 PM.

MichaelA
Pearl and Diamond Necklace
01-16-2013, 02:08 PM

We are the recipients of this beautiful necklace. When my wife put this necklace on for the first time, I had to check that it wasn't plugged-in as it had an electric glow and radiance that almost defied belief. My first thought was that we've wasted money putting diamonds on the strand because they get lost in the luster of the pearls. However, the rondells give the piece a designer look upon closer inspection and really make it a piece that can be passed down for generations. Credit Mikimoto for this very simple yet elegant design. Credit American Pearl for knocking it out of the park and putting it into the hands of the every day consumer.

Pearlanista
Exquisite
01-17-2013, 07:41 AM

This necklace is exquisite. I love the diamond rondells on the strand, and believe you when you say that it has an electric glow when worn around your wife's neck. While I do love the simple design, my tendency to "go big" makes me wonder how it would look with the diamond rondells all the way around the necklace. I also wonder how black diamond rondells would look. To me, the contrast would be stimulating, and allow you to wear the necklace with more casual outfits, too. Just a thought, does anyone agree with me?

pearleducation
Pearl and Diamond Graduated Strand with Rondels
01-17-2013, 10:23 AM

Great point. Here is a South Sea Pearl necklace we made that has roundels between each pearl. Although the pearls are larger and the roundels are larger, I think you can get the idea. AmericanPearl.com has a section dedicated to roundels here at this link: Order a Pearl Necklace with Diamond Rondels We have hundreds of different style rondels in stock so if there is something you would like that you don't see, please join the Pearl-Education.com forum and send us an inquiry as we can custom make anything.

This is a close up of what it looks like:

Here is a necklace that has rondels every 2nd pearl going all the way around in white gold:

And another gorgeous necklace with roundels every 4th pearl in yellow gold going all the way around:

Last edited by pearleducation; 01-17-2013 at 10:26 AM.