Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment.
Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment. > Show Your Pearls Off!

pearleducation
Post your pearl photos here and tell us about your pearls!
02-04-2012, 12:45 PM

Please tell us about your pearls! Click the Post Reply button bellow.

Joel
Beautiful Earrings
02-04-2012, 06:12 PM

Just wanted to take a sec to thank the folks at American pearl for the excellent customer service they provided when I was trying to learn bout pearls in order to decide what to get a special occasion. Eddie was extremely patient and helpful.. The pearls I got were beautiful and I really appreciated the customer service/price... I have to say that I know where to go for my pearl now

pearleducation
Mikimoto Pearl Earring
02-05-2012, 09:30 AM

Thanks Joel,

I hope she really enjoys them!

I know we created a piece for you that was inspired by the Mikimoto website called The Morning Dew.

http://www.mikimotoamerica.com/categ...hite-gold.html

We would love to see some pictures of the piece; especially her wearing it.

It was three graduating round brilliant diamonds on each earring from large on top to small on the bottom with an 8mm akoya pearl stationed below.

If you have time that would be great.

Otherwise i think we have a picture of it.

Eddie Bakhash, CEO
American Pearl
576 Fifth Avenue
New York, New York 10036
800-847-3275
Since 1950 - The World's Finest Pearls at Wholesale Prices
http://www.americanpearl.com

American Diamond
The Finest Quality Diamond Rings
http://www.americandiamond.com

Last edited by pearleducation; 02-05-2012 at 09:36 AM.

pearleducation
Picture of Mikimoto Earring
02-05-2012, 06:22 PM

Hi Joel,

I thought I had a picture.

Here is what the earring looked like after we finished it and placed it in the American Pearl red pearl earring gift box:

For all of you interested, The original Mikimoto design was for an 8mm half drill cultured pearl and .30 carats t.d.w. If you divide .30 by two its .15 carats t.d.w. per earring half. We decided that the very top diamond would include a .07 carat round brilliant diamond, the middle diamond would be .05 and the last diamond near the end of the earring and closest to the pearl would be .03 carats making each earring half .15 carats and the two pearl earrings together .30 carats. The diamonds are G color and VS clarity. There is a post behind the largest diamond on the top that finishes with a butterfly setting or friction back. This particular earring was designed for pierced ears. Staying true to the Mikimoto inspired design, we decided to place a small (approximately) 3mm cup on the top of the loose half drill pearl and finish it off with a jump ring connected into another jump ring affixed to the mine line of diamonds in the earring. Of course, we could have eliminated the cap on the pearl for a cleaner look or even eliminated the two jump rings (connecting the pearl to the earring) all together however doing so would have removed the swivel/dangle feature of this earring. The diamonds are prong set in four prong baskets. The pearls are American Pearl's Collection Quality. As you can see, the surfaces are clean, they exhibit an extremely high luster and they have a wonderful orient (the rainbow like play of light that happens on the surface of a pearl). I think the recipient of these earrings is going to be very happy!

As always, we provide a lifetime guarantee for the integrity of the pearl setting and the workman ship.

Thats it! This was a custom order specifically designed for Joel. Anyone else out there that wants to see what we can do, please submit any design to us. Everything is custom made by hand and the prices are all wholesale-discounted.

Enjoy!

Eddie

Last edited by pearleducation; 02-05-2012 at 06:34 PM.

ryan
Fantastic Experiences : secneirepxE citsatnaF
02-08-2012, 05:08 PM

1) I needed a ring to propose to my girlfriend. The band couldn't be gold, and the jem had to be an Akoya pearl. I needed something stunning but simple and I looked everywhere. I must have went to 50 different stores in my area and I must have searched a dozen places online for the perfect ring. I could have saved myself a lot of time by just going to American Pearl. Their Eve ring was exactly the look that I wanted. I contacted them and they were able to get the band in silver. Once they knew what I wanted they were quick to help me out. They were professional, helpful and the product was outstanding. I proposed to my now fiance, and she was so estatic at the look of the ring that to this day, every time she looks at it she either says or whispers "Oh My God."

http://youtu.be/MD--ebOJ1Rc

http://youtu.be/3VZ5Vb4NB9Y

2) That brings me to my next task. Now that my fiance had the perfect ring, I wanted another that she could be absolutely reckless with and wear all the time. But this ring had to have something that made it unique. So, I went back to American Pearl. I wanted a duplicate ring, this time with an engraving. When I contacted American Pearl, they weren't sure how they were going to do it, but they were confident and excited that they were going to do it.

I asked for something very special. I asked for the engraving to be reversed, so that some of the word would be reflected and the other part would read normally.

Their confidence, in their ability and engravers, made me confident that again, they were the perfect people to get the job done right.

I have the ring in hand and ready for Valetine's day. Can you believe it? During the Valetine's day rush they were willing to take on something they hadn't done before, and they did it with exceptional customer service and delivery. I am all the way on the other side of the states (California) and I couldn't have gotten it any faster.

I posted some pics here. Please check them out. The band, the Pearl, the diamonds, the engraving... It was everything that I wanted. There isn't another any other place that I would trust to have the quality I want in the manner that I wanted, with the service and speed that was above what I believe would be exceptional.