Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment.
Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment. > Show Your Pearls Off!

christopher
Official Supplier of our Wedding Rings!
02-16-2012, 12:46 AM

My wife and I first encountered American Pearl because she has always loved pearls and wanted a pearl engagement ring. The unbeatable selection of beautiful ring styles and high quality pearls and diamonds led us to American Pearl. Not a traditional retail outlet, American Pearl allowed us great flexibility and creativity, leading to choosing a beautiful, simple ring to please her very specific taste.

We visited countless showrooms in the quest for the perfect wedding rings, and stayed in touch with American Pearl throughout. In the end, we could have saved a lot of time by counting solely on Eddie's knowledge, honesty, and receptivity to what we wanted. My wife's eternity ring is exactly what she wanted--slender, elegant, and timeless. My wedding ring is a beautiful match, understated yet stylish, far and beyond the most handsome and substantial of the rings we saw. Both wedding rings are unquestionably worth more than we paid, even on workmanship alone.

Most importantly, working with Eddie and Jeff was like working with friends who happen to have vast knowledge of the gem trade. Always accessible, ready and willing to provide assistance, they even went so far as to favorably recommend other jewelers' ability while we were shopping around. In the end, the trust they built made the decision to buy from them a perfect fit.

We are thrilled that American Pearl ended up being the official supplier of rings for our wedding! The rings are magnificent--heirlooms to cherish for decades to come, just as promised!

Last edited by pearleducation; 02-16-2012 at 01:39 AM.

pearleducation
Supplying you with your Pearls is our pleasure!
02-17-2012, 02:59 PM

Ivonne, Christopher,

It is our absolute pleasure and honor to have assisted you. The pearl ring and diamond eternity band look magnificent. I cannot thank you enough for sharing these wonderful pictures from your wedding day. We know how important the pearl jewelry and other items are; their symbolism and the creation as heirlooms for your family. May you both be blessed for many years to come and enjoy this jewelry for many years to come.

For those interested, the engagement ring is a 14K white gold AAA pearl flanked by two round brilliant diamonds. Her wedding band is a diamond eternity band.

Enjoy!

Eddie Bakhash, CEO
American Pearl
576 Fifth Avenue
New York, New York 10036
800-847-3275
Since 1950 - The World's Finest Pearls at Wholesale Prices
http://www.americanpearl.com

American Diamond
The Finest Quality Diamond Rings
http://www.americandiamond.com

Last edited by pearleducation; 02-17-2012 at 03:01 PM.

oyster
Administrator
The "Official Supplier"
02-17-2012, 04:06 PM

Hello Ivonne and Chris,

Thanks so much for the kind words. At American Pearl we really strive to meet our customer's individual visions for their jewelry and ultimately come away with a positive experience and your story is proof positive that we can really do it.

Ivonne's simple yet elegant pearl ring along with her stunning micro pave set band was a great example of how American Pearl's staff is able to work together to reach the goals and objectives of our customers.

Ivonne and Chris, I wish you the best of luck moving forward in your lives together.

It was a pleasure to play a a small part in the start of your journey together.

All the best,

Jeff Kreindler
American Pearl

opera
02-17-2012, 04:18 PM

The pictures are beautiful, congratulations on your wedding Ivonne and Christopher.

nicole
Administrator
Gorgeous!
02-17-2012, 04:40 PM

Hi Ivonne and Christopher,

I have recently begun working at American Pearl and the idea of a pearl engagement ring is refreshing and original. I have to say, it is gorgeous! I am a huge fan of the Eternity band and paired with the pearl ring- simply stunning!

Congratulations to you both!

pearleducation
Pearl Engagement Ring
02-17-2012, 04:52 PM

BTW - The ring that Ivonne and Christopher started with before adding their customizations is the Dido Pearl Ring found at this link. They wanted a thin minimalist shank with the least amount of metal possible.

http://www.americanpearl.com/delpearanddi.html

Last edited by pearleducation; 02-17-2012 at 05:06 PM.

pearleducation
Pearl Ring Care
02-17-2012, 05:15 PM

Hi Ivonne and Christopher,

I just wanted to give you some pointers on caring for your new jewelry.

When a pearl ring or other pearl jewelry is worn, exposure to perspiration or other items such as household chemicals, especially chlorine and hairspray, can create a buildup that dulls a pearls surface. Diamonds have an affinity for grease and can sometimes collect oils when submerged in dishwater.

Here are some good guidelines to follow when applying your pearl jewelry.

• Put your jewelry on after you apply cream, hairspray or cosmetics

• Remove rings before performing household chores.

• Please try not to wear your pearl ring and diamond ring when gardening, working out at the gym or playing sports or working with hand tools.

• Clean your pearl and diamond regularly.

opera
02-17-2012, 06:32 PM

Thought you mind find these helpful:

American Diamond's Recommended Do's and Don'ts for Jewelry Care

Dos:
  • When not in use, store jewelry in soft, velvet-lined case or pouches.
  • When storing, keep diamond jewelry separate to avoid scratching.
  • Put on jewelry after applying makeup and hairspray, which can dull both gemstones and metals.
  • Clean your jewelry with ammonia, jewelry cleaner, or even vodka along with a soft bristled toothbrush.
  • Give your jewelry a professional checkup and cleaning annually.

Don'ts:
  • Avoid performing physical work while wearing fine jewelry, household chemicals may damage metals, and a hard blow may chip stones.
  • Avoid swimming, chlorine is corrosive to gold.
  • Don't use standard jewelry cleaning cloths on your diamonds - these cloths contain cleansers that keep metals shiny, but can actually dull diamonds.
  • Be sure to use a diamond cleaning cloth to keep your stones sparkling.